Launch of the Snooker 147 Club
New grassroots support for English snooker clubs
The English Partnership for Snooker and Billiards (EPSB) has launched the 147 Club – the first club affiliation scheme of its kind for snooker clubs in England.
The scheme aims to promote a modern and positive perception of clubs by improving standards, boosting the junior game and encouraging new players from all backgrounds into the sport.
- Support the development of English snooker
- Promote your snooker facilities as a safe and enjoyable place to play
- Enjoy a fantastic range of membership benefits for your club
- Make overall cost savings worth up to £1,000 through Gold membership
A few simple steps
It’s really easy to sign up online, taking only 10-15 minutes.
Make sure you have the following ready…
- Agreement within your club management to sign up
- Basic information about your club facilities and membership
- Details of your current club insurance
- A person nominated as a Club Welfare Officer (for clubs with U18s or vulnerable adult members)
One club that has already stated its enthusiasm to join the initiative is Hazel Grove Snooker Club in Stockport. The club’s manager Dino Georgiou commented:
“We are keen to get involved with the 147 Club affiliation scheme as it will bring much needed credibility to the industry and set the standard required to enhance snooker at a grassroots level.
“From a business point of view, being affiliated and recognised in this way will boost the club’s image and this in turn will have a positive effect on trust, perception and ultimately membership sales.”
The new initiative aims to become a proven model which will extend to other National Federations in the sport.
To sign your club up to this exciting initiative or to find out more visit www.epsb.co.uk